Family Well Being Program is prevention-focused, community-led, and will address the root causes of violence, trauma, and over-representation of indigenous youth in child welfare and youth justice systems.
The Family Well Being program has been designed to support families in crisis and help communities heal, recover and grow from intergenerational trauma by facilitating holistic programming, cultural and land-based learning practices, supporting our clients, and connecting clients to existing services and programs in our community.
The Family Well Being program facilitates culturally based, preventative, and holistic supports and provides services/programs to families who have been exposed to and/or have experienced trauma.
- Marketing/Community Engagement – Engaging with the community.
- Family Violence – Living Without Violence “A Foot In Two Worlds” Counselling.
- Women’s Program – Creating a safe space for monthly women gatherings (i.e. food making, crafts, sewing, and painting).
- Men’s Program – This Contemporary/Cultural program will build on the beliefs of the natural world, such as cooperation, respect, and balance. Activities will be connecting men and youth to their roots. This program has been mandated by the courts or on a voluntary basis and can be completed in 12 weeks.
- Family Days – Holiday events and open programming.
- Cultural Based/Land Based Programming – Involvement in cultural summer camps, cultural teachings and guest speakers in workshops.
- Youth Program – We offer two youth groups: Junior Facts which is geared towards youth aged 5-11 and Youth Facts which is geared towards youth aged 12-18. These programs cover a variety of fun, educational and culturally appropriate topics
- Parents and Tots – This is a collaborative program with Child & family services, it is weekly programming that supports parents through providing them tools and resources from different professionals in specific areas of parenting, awareness workshops, parental rights workshops, self-care workshops, and human trafficking workshops. This program is for parents, parents-to-be their children aged 0-7.
- Elder’s – Friendly Visits to Elders.
- Family Well-Beings Annual Programs – Away trips, preventative workshops, cultural teachings (regalia class).
Working Relationships and Partnerships
- Community Partners:
- Prevention Services
- Child Mental Health Workers
- Adult Mental Health Workers
- NNADAP Workers
- Healthy Babies & Children
- Justice Coordinator
- Court Officers in the Pembroke and Renfrew area
- Partners Outside the Community
- Bernadette McCain Shelter
- Renfrew Sexual Assault Centre
- Women’s Sexual Assault Centre
- Victim Services of Renfrew County
- Community Partners: