Public Works

Public Works is responsible for housing, roads and community buildings.

Public Works is responsible for Capital Housing, Rental Housing, Home Repair Loans and the Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program (RRAP) in the housing section.

Rental housing offers one, two, three and four bedroom rentals.

Capital Housing is available for status members who reside within Pikwàkanagàn for one consecutive year and meet requirements with the Housing Policy, to construct a home with minor assistance.
A Home Repair Loan is available to status members who reside within Pikwàkanagàn and meet criteria indicated in the policy. This provides a borrowable loan to make repairs in order to meet health and safety standards.

Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program(RRAP)  is available to members who reside within Pikwàkanagàn and meet guidelines set in the policy. Households who have a limited income, may be eligible to receive funding (maximum loan of $16,000) if their house lacks basic facilities or is in need of major repair in one or more of the following categories:

  • Structural
  • Electrical
  • Plumbing
  • Heating or Fire safety

Public Works is responsible for: snow plowing, road repairs and construction, machine work through work orders, septic system installation, material hauling and work billed to new homeowners upon request.

Community Buildings
Public Works is responsible for the following community buildings: Administration building, Makwa Centre, the equipment garage, fire hall, and museum.

Annual Report

Housing applications & information

For New Construction
For Rental
Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program (RRAP) On-Reserve

Housing Resources

Our staff